Friday 20 January 2017

Bento #142 - Totoro cold soba with grilled saba

Our boys rarely snack, what with all those food colorings used, we are spending money to posion ourselves. Soft drinks is a definite NO-NO for them as well. However, they still do eat some now and then, in moderation. 

Now to prevent an outburst from Rayson because of his new found freedom in primary school, we have set aside a day - Friday - as his "Snack" day. This means that he will be able to buy snacks that he likes at his school canteen, Only on Friday. 

So I do not need to prepare any recess bento for him, I shall prepare one for hubby. This is the first time I'm preparing cold soba and I will definitely prepare it again because it is so convenient. The only problem is I can't really estimate the amount of noodles to cook hence I spent a bit more time cooking another batch of noodles. This bento is well received by hubby. 

I also had some fun making a Totoro out of the soba, cute? =)


Kai Sin


No comments:

Post a Comment