Tuesday 24 January 2017

Bento #144 3D gutedama breakfast sets


And I'm still not over Gutedama yet...it's such a cute lazy egg and I super love its "nua" look..haaa. So I decided to try making some 3D Gutedamas today. 

The Gutedamas are made from mashed potatoes mixed with some curry powder and mayonnaise. I did not add too much mayonnaise because I do not want the mashed potatoes to be too soft and mushy as that will make moulding more difficult. I was hoping the curry powder will give the mashed potatoes a more orangy colour but it didn't. No black pepper added as the mashed potatoes will then have black specks all over. 

Alternatively, I could also used steamed pumpkin to make the Gutedamas and they will be a lovely bright orange but although Rayson does eat steamed pumpkin, I guess he will very much prefer mashed potato as his recess snack.

Lazy egg yolks lazing around......
Rayson's set
The egg white is just plain white bread. I also pan fried some shabu pork slices which had been marinated with some soy sauce and black pepper. Nuggets, starry hash brown and veges to complete this recess bento.

Hubby's set
I prepared one breakfast set for Ray as well but he took it for lunch instead. I love his Gutedama's pose the most!

Colleague's set

Prepared one more breakfast set for my colleague who likes Gutedama. I love cooking for others but because I'm not that great a cook and not too efficient, there is a limit to how much and how often I can cook. Practice makes perfect I guess and I look forward to the day when I can host gatherings and cook all the food myself.

Colleague's breakfast set in this cute box
I love this box which I bought from DAISO, not sure if it's still selling though. You definitely can't put this in your bag, it'll get squashed and ruin the food. I hand delivered this set to colleague after sending Rayden to school.

Hope all of you enjoyed your breakfast!


Kai Sin


No comments:

Post a Comment