Friday 1 April 2016

Bento #97 - Rice cooker chicken rice

Cooked this all time favorite for my hubby and son.
My #1 requested for the whole lava egg instead of sharing it with his father for his next bento.

Lava eggs:
1) Bring a pot of water to a boil. (enough to cover the egg)
2) Thereafter, turn down the fire so that the water is simmering.
3) Put the egg gently into the water and set your timer to 6 min. I took the egg out from the fridge so I set the timer as 6 min 30s.
4) When the time is up, take out the egg and put it in ice water. ( I put the egg in room temperature, running water, works too it seems)

Marinade:
Water: Soy Sauce: Mirin in the ratio of 3:1:1, if you prefer it to be saltier, can adjust the ratio to 2:1:1.
Immerse the egg into the marinade and leave it in the fridge overnight.

Hubby's lunchbox

Son's lunchbox

No comments:

Post a Comment