Wednesday 9 December 2015

#Bento 83 - Tasty Chicken Kara-age


Today, I decided to be more adventurous and tried frying some chicken Kara-age for my hubby instead. They did not turn out too bad and look just like the picture in my recipe book...haa. They taste really flavorful, thanks to the marinade which will make the chicken taste as good even if they are not fried. I'm a amateur in frying and I can never grasp the right temperature to throw in the chicken. So I think I will buy a thermometer to measure the temperature of the oil as my area for improvement. But overall, I'm pretty pleased with the results!


Trying to focus on my Kara-age after a food art sharing that I have attended at Canon yesterday. 

Recipe for tasty chicken kara-age
2 chicken thighs cut into chunks of about 5cm
Marinade (highly recommended!)
1.5 tablespoon of soy sauce
1 teaspoon of mirin
1/2 teaspoon of grated garlic (can add more if you like)
1/2 teaspoon of grated ginger (can add more if you like)
Marinade the meats for at least 10 min

Method 
1) Coat the meat evenly with potato starch flour
2) Heat the oil till it's 170 deg
3) Place the meat into the oil and fry for about 3-4 minutes and the outside looks crispy
4) Take out the kara-age and drain the oil 

Let the chicken pieces cool down and they are ready to be put into your bento!




No comments:

Post a Comment