Friday 16 December 2016

Our Church Camp @ Philea Resort Melaka 2016


I don't remember when's the last time I attended our Church camp. For the past few years, we had lectureships and I tried hard to recall...maybe I missed the previous one because I'm pregnant with Rayden? Oh dear...memory failing me..
I guess God has planned it all.
Initially we thought we are certainly going to miss this Church camp because I will most probably still be doing my confinement.

But alas Rayes made it in time for us to get everything ready!

One week before my confinement ends,
Hubby asked: Do you want to go to the church camp?
Me: Can we?
Hubby: If God is wiling.
Me: What do you mean?
Hubby: If Rayes' passport is ready in time.

Oh ya! I nearly forgot that Rayes needs a passport to get out of Singapore!
So I'm given the daunting task of taking a decent picture of Rayes.
How did the professionals take such nice passport pictures of newborns at the hospital? 
And babies nowadays are too smart to be manipulated, when you want them to wake, they sleep and when you want them sleep, they wake.
First picture to ICA rejected. 

Next, we rented an MPV for our trip because our current car is too small.
The situation now is I'm squeezed at the back of the car in between 2 car seats. There's no way I can go to Melaka in this condition.

And yes!Rayes' passport is ready in time! Nothing to stop us now!
So here we go, bringing one month old Rayes and his 2 active brothers to our Church camp at Melaka. We're all excited and looked forward to this trip.
Do I worry? My answer is that I pray. I'm sure this will be a great experience for us as a family.
And God will keep us safe. Everything will be fine, surely.

I really love road trip with my boys. Our longest one is a 7-8 hours ride to Club Med Cherating. My boys were about 5 and 2 years old then. Surprisingly, they can take road trips very well, thank God! All they need are some snacks and music. I love how the whole family is cooped up in that small space and with plenty of chances to chat with each other. I also love how my boys sing to 动力火车 songs together with my hubby. Wonderful memories.




One month old Rayes

Thank God the traffic is quite smooth and Philea Resort is quite easy to locate, we reached our destination in about 4 hours.




Beautiful swimming pool










 

Strong neck eh?

Bringing baby Rayes out for a walk
               
My Manduca carrier is really a life-saver! Love it so so much!! Baby Rayes feels so comforted in it and he fell asleep most of the time which allows me to have my meals. 


He draws everywhere......

Baby Rayes started to develop a cough on Day 1 and I was really worried because it reminds me of how Rayden came down with bronchitis when he was just 2 months old. It also started with a few harmless cough and then started to worsen. 

That night, I prayed and prayed....that if God is willing, to heal Rayden of his cough and that he can return to Singapore healthy and fine.

The next day, the cough was gone!!!!!!!! Praise the Lord! Whew!




Overall, we had a really great time at this church camp and I'm really glad that we are able to made it. 

Children are blessings from God. Thinking back on the nights that Ray and I prayed for God to bless us with our babies, if the Lord is willing, and now that He has answered our prayers, I want to always remind myself that our children will not lessen our time spent with God and his family. Instead, they will bring us closer to God and we as a family will continue to grow in Christ. 

That is the very least that we can do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment