Monday 6 February 2017

Bento #149 - Rice cooker chicken rice

There is a bit of "mishap" for my rice cooker chicken rice today. I think my NTUC chicken rice mix was spoilt! When I took it out from the fridge and gave it a stir, I was shocked to see that the oil has turned whitish and the whole bottle looks just like porridge texture. It smelled fine but I threw it away nevertheless, definitely not going to take the risk. I probably left it in my fridge for too long a time.

Never mind, I guess the pandan leaves, chicken juices, ginger and lots of garlic will still be able to compensate for the loss. Hence I added in some salt and light soy sauce for the taste. I think overall the rice still taste pretty good even without the chicken rice mix. 

However, today I added insufficient water. I cooked 1 cup of rice but only use 1/4 cup of water, and some of the rice turned out a bit hard and so I had to throw them away, what a waste! But the good thing is.....most of the rice is still edible and taste pretty okay, especially those soaked in the chicken juice...yumz. 

Why did I use only 1/4 cup of water today? Because previously, I used half a cup but the rice turned out wetter than what I preferred so I decided to reduce the water further today. Sigh........

Rayson's chicken rice bento
 As requested, I made chicken rice balls for Rayson. I really love the cutie eyes food picks, they made everything come alive! I was lazy to punch out nori so I just used the spring onions for the mouths.

Hubby's chicken rice bento
Sharing another of my home workout which took only 10 min, perfect for SAHM!

The number is really just an estimation as I followed a video clip and the exercise changes when the time is up so I didn't really count accurately but roughly between 15-20.

I like this set...it has a nice variety and my muscles feel like they have done some work. I couldn't do normal push ups (knee down is fine) hence the burpee is a struggle for me and I only managed to do 6! I couldn't do runners crunch also..so I did the normal crunch 勉强是不会幸福的.

1) Lateral plank walk × 10
2) Rainbow plank × 15
3) Oblique plank with reach × 15 each side 
4) Reverse lunge x 20
5) Push-up burpee × 6 (only!)
6) Reverse fly x 15
7) Runner's crunch x 15
8) Triceps dip and bridge x 15
9) Creepy crawler x 15 
10) Rayes cries..............

                                            Have a great Monday!




Kai Sin


No comments:

Post a Comment