Wednesday 14 September 2016

#Bento 125 - Grilled miso chicken

In order to finish my big tub of white miso before its expiry date, I prepared grilled miso chicken for my boys' bentos today.

Since miso works well with salmon and cod fish, which taste really yummy, I figure they should work with chicken thighs also, won't it?

And indeed, this grilled miso chicken received raving reviews from Rayson that he is requesting me to prepare for him again this Friday.

Recipe for grilled miso chicken

Servings: 2 people

Ingredients:
  • 2 deboned chicken thigh meat
Marinade:
  • 1 tbsp white Miso
  • 1/2 tbsp of sake
  • 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil
  • 1 tsp of ginger and garlic powder each (no harm adding more)
Method:

1) Marinate the 2 deboned chicken thighs for at least half an hour ( I marinated them overnight )

2) Wipe off any excess Miso (because miso burns easily) before popping the chicken thighs into the oven. Preheat oven for 10 min and pop the chicken thighs in. 200 deg for 25 min (depends on your oven also) or until cooked. (Alternatively, you may also try pan frying the thighs but I love the oven because it is fuss free)

The chicken thighs turn out very flavorful and the best thing is they are so easy to prepare. Do try it and tell me if you like them!

Meanwhile I also blanched some okra and carrots and toss them with some sesame dressing.
Air fried one sunny side up for hubby but too bad the egg yolk is not perfect.





Kai Sin


No comments:

Post a Comment