Saturday 24 September 2016

Homemade kids' set meal

Do your kids love ordering kids' set meals at restaurants outside? I am not a fan of these set meals because sad to say, most of the menu offer fried and processed food like nuggets, harsh browns etc. which are really low in nutritional value. 

Well, I guess this kind of menu is pretty safe because kids will certainly love them. After all, who doesn't like fried food?

On this Saturday night, I decide to prepare kids' set meals for my boys at home while papa is out for meeting. After dinner, they could watch their "十万个为什么“ vcd and it will be a lovely night for them.

I prepared grilled miso chicken burgers for them. Isn't this miso chicken a beauty? (except for the burnt edges.....=S). Rayson kept running to the kitchen and can't wait for me to be ready.


My favorite kind of scrambled eggs.



This is Rayden's set. I took out the miso grilled chicken and cut them into small pieces because the burger will certainly be too big for his mouth and he will not be able to manage. Some lettuces in the burger for their vege intake and the oh-so-nutritious-and-yummy cherry tomatoes. Also melted some cheddar and mozerella cheese on the bread to add the omph factor.

Gave them a rare treat today - 100 % grape juice (packet drink). We rarely, rarely drink sweet drinks so this is a treat for them indeed.


This is Rayson's set. Added the cutey eye pick which makes the burger comes alive and it looks oh so cheeky!



All these food are served on $2 children plates bought from Daiso. My boys were so excited to grab the kids' set meal and have requested for me to prepare these burgers again for them. Well, of course we have to give credit to the miso grilled chicken, it's one of the reasons why they enjoyed their meals so much.



Me, on the other hand craves for something soupy so I prepared steamed chicken essence chicken for myself. Very easy to prepare. I put 1 chicken thigh meat into the bowl, added in some gou qi zi, mushrooms, and a few slices of ginger (I added quite a lot because I want it to be hot, hot, hot and spicy!). Pour in 1 bottle of Brands chicken essence and a bit of sesame oil. Steam for 45 min - 1 hour and it's ready! Garnish with parsley when it's ready to be served.



And this is my Saturday night, well spent with my loved ones. 

Kai Sin


No comments:

Post a Comment