Wednesday 28 September 2016

Bento #128 - Agilo Olio with big fat prawns and scallops

I decide to go Italian today... for a change and mainly because I want to use up my pasta. I have never been a big fan of Aglio Olio and will never order this if I dine outside. Reason being it seems such a simple and plain dish why would I eat it in restaurants. And also, I prefer tomato based pasta. After cooking it today, the MORE I will not eat it outside because I realized it is so simple to cook!!!

I used Noobcook's Mushroom spaghetti recipe  but I used those sea shell pastas instead of spaghetti and I am unsure if I achieve Al dente stage for the pasta as stated in the recipe..haa.
I added the prawns and scallops myself so that it looks more sumptuous. Overall, I love this recipe as it is really easy to follow and moreover I am a garlic lover. The combination of fried golden garlic and chili flakes will never go wrong. 

I'm pretty happy with the outcome though hubby commented it's a bit salty. Maybe I added too much of the pasta water in the end. 

Try it! It's a simple and easy to prepare dish which requires minimal ingredients.

Oh...I also added my hubby's grilled saba. Just marinate the saba with some salt and black pepper and pop it into the oven to grill for 20 min at 180 - 200 deg and it's done!



Kai Sin


No comments:

Post a Comment