Friday 28 April 2017

Bento #179 - Beary nice egg mayonnaise sandwich and fried curry potato balls

Really love my yumbox! It makes the food looks so good! 


Prepared Rayson's favorite egg mayonnaise sandwich today but sandwich doesn't need to be boring, you can make it into all kinds of animals too! Here's a bear since I have just one more sausage in the fridge.


The fried curry potato balls are really YUM YUM YUMZ!!!!!!! I used my curry mashed potato recipe , however, I omit the egg and mayonnaise since Rayson is already having egg mayonnaise for his sandwich filling. I also put lesser milk because I do not want the mashed potato to be too soft so that it is easier to mould.

I mould the mashed potato into small balls, coat the balls with flour, then beaten egg and lastly coat them evenly with panko (I added some parsley flakes into the panko as well).

Fry the balls till they are golden brown. You do not need to be too concern about the temperature of the oil, this is pretty fool proof as the mashed potato is already cooked, you only need to fry till they turn golden brown.

And the result is the balls are crispy on the outside and oh so soft in the inside!!!! I definitely must make these balls again! 

There are many variations that you can try, you could add cooked carrots, veges, ham or bacon bits into the mashed potatoes. You can also put cheese as the filling of the potato balls, hmm,..sounds so delish! So unleash your creativity!


Roasted cauliflower


Kai Sin


No comments:

Post a Comment