Tuesday 23 May 2017

Bento #187 - Curry grilled chicken with Poli from Robocar

Do your children like Robocar, a korean cartoon? I personally like this cartoon a lot because the characters are so cute and there is no violence at all in their stories. After watching, my boys only role played how to help or save others so I guess it's good in a way. 

Rayson's favorite character is Poli, the police robot in the rescue team. So here it is, Poli in his bento today, using all natural blue dye from butterfly pea flower.

I played around with varying the concentration to get the different shades of blue and I'm pretty happy with the results. I should have used corns for the headlights though because the egg yolk looks a bit messy..haaa.




The curry grilled chicken taste great today and the marinade is so easy to prepare!

Recipe for Curry grilled chicken

2 deboned chicken thighs

Marinade

1 tbsp of light soy sauce
1/2 tbsp of garlic powder (no harm putting more)
1 tbsp of curry powder ( I put a lot more curry powder than this)

Method

  • Marinate the chicken and leave them in the fridge overnight
  • Preheat oven and bake the chickens at 190 deg for 15 - 20 min. I turned to top fire for the last 5 min so that the skin will become a bit more crispy and brown



Aren't these food picks cute? I have been searching high and low for them!


Hubby's bento. Love his perfect sunny side up!
Kai Sin


No comments:

Post a Comment