Thursday 23 July 2015

#Bento 43 - Braised chicken and bitter gourd


My favorite bitter gourd for lunch today. I don't used to like bitter gourd because of their bitter taste but I'm not sure since when, my taste buds changed, maybe I have aged.....haa. Bitter gourd has become one of my favorite food. I like bitter gourd with eggs or bitter gourd soup, which is so cooling, perfect for our hot hot weather now.

Recipe for Braised chicken and bitter gourd

1 boneless chicken thigh
Half a bitter gourd
Minced garlic
5 slices of ginger
Half a cup of chicken stock

Seasoning:
Half tbsp of oyster sauce
Half tbsp of chinese cooking wine
Half tbsp of miso
1 tsp of sesame oil

1) Cut the chicken thigh and bitter gourd.
2) Scald the meat and bitter gourd with oil and then remove.
3) Add in the minced garlic and ginger and fry until fragant.
4) Add in the chicken meat, bitter gourd and seasonings and stir fry so that the meat is coated with the seasonings.
5) Pour in the chicken stock and bring it to a boil at medium heat and then simmer until the stock thickens

Enjoy!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment