Monday 31 August 2015

Bento #56 - Minions Chicken Rice

It has been a sickly week for me. I was busy with work, preparing bento and experimenting with bread making. And the breaking point is really after I baked this Wu Pao Chun Champion Toast loaf. As I have just bought a new breadmaker Donlim SKP 3920, I was really eager to try the different types of breadmaking techniques and recipes until I can settle with one that we really love. I would really make full use of my new toy as we love breads!



So amidst my coughing, sneezing and battling with headache,  eye ache, cheek ache, body ache….(very bad sinus). I managed to prepare this minions chicken rice bento for my boy.  I was satisfied with the taste, in fact this was the first time it tasted so much like chicken rice and I wished that I could have more (prepared for myself, hubby and #1), too bad I did not have the pandan leaves as they would definitely make the rice more fragrant. 
The minions would have looked better if I have more proper tools, someone please tell me where to get the pincer and pointed scissors for cutting details out from nori as it will make my bento-ing job easier. I was sweating as I was cutting the minion’s hair and eyes out from nori!


But all the sweat was worth it. Even though my #1 was already running a fever while eating this bento, he still managed to finish all the food. And thereafter, we just got sicker and I had to go to the doctor for medications, which I won’t want if I had a choice because I am still breastfeeding #2 and would like to minimize my intake of medications. We were just so sick and missed out on all the events that we were supposed to attend during the weekends…sob sob…….

No comments:

Post a Comment