Wednesday 31 August 2016

#Bento 122 - Tebasaki nagoya style baked wings

These wings are tasty but the original recipe actually used 8 tbsp of soy sauce for 4 chicken wings! SERIOUSLY!I have never seen a recipe with such a large serving of soy sauce...does Japanese like salty food that much?

Well,I reduced it to 6 tbsp of soy sauce for 9 chicken wings instead. Baked the wings instead of frying them because my boys have been coughing lately.

Rayson's bento 
Made a little chick for Rayson..I love the vibrant yellow colour..forgot to dab some tomato  sauce for some rosy cheeks..am sure the chick will look cuter.

Rayson realised that I did not mix the white sushi rice with egg yolk to achieve the yellow colour this time round and he's right!I think adding in some turmeric powder has a much better effect...the shade of yellow is much nicer!

I'm glad that Rayson likes the sweet potato that I added into his bento today. This will give me more options to play around with when I start preparing his bentos when he starts Pri 1 next year. Not to mention its nutritional value!

My bento

Kai Sin

No comments:

Post a Comment