Monday 1 August 2016

Petite Sweets - Personalized cakes and pastries for your own sweet occasions!

What do you look for when choosing birthday cakes? While sourcing for my boys' 1st year birthday cakes, I fell in love with those customized 3D fondant cakes. They are really beautiful!

Picture taken from http://sweetperfection-cakes-gallery.blogspot.sg/2012/06/code-a20-3d-handmold-safari-theme.html

I have my reservations about these fondant cakes though. 

-They normally cost a heap! Easily a few hundred bucks for a 2 kg cake. But I won't say that they are overpriced because we are paying for the design, effort and time put in by the baker.

-The layer of fondant is really sweet, they are mostly sugar and colorings! Most of the time I will just remove the layer of fondant and throw it away.

- Besides looking great, I would want my cake to taste great too, since I have already paid so much for it. But the cake that I have tasted from a designer baker that I have shortlisted did not meet my expectations

- Maybe it's me, but I would think it's a challenge to cut the fondant cake without crumpling it. Or maybe a suitable knife would do the trick?

-Perhaps I;m also lazy, but I really do not like cutting cakes,it's fine if it is a small cake with maybe 10 slices to serve. But what if I have 70-80 guests?

-I would think it's a hassle for my boys' preschool teachers to cut the huge cake while maintaining discipline in class. 

- Do you have the heart to destroy the 3D fondant cake?


I found my answers at Petite Sweets.  

About Petite Sweets

Petite Sweets open its door in April 2013, focusing in creating petite and light sweet treats for their customers. Their goal is to offer cakes and pastries to customers on a personalised-service and of high quality yet at an affordable price!
At Petite Sweets, they focus on providing Personalised Services to cater to individual budget and needs. In addition, their products are mostly based on individual pricing with no MOQ* (minimum order quantity) because they want to help us create even for a party as small as 4 to 5 people!

And what's even better? Besides their individual low pricing, the more you order from them, the greater discounts you will get!


I chanced upon their website while searching for a suitable 1st year birthday cake for Rayden. I wanted cupcakes because it would save me the hassle of cutting the cake. I can have more time to catch up with our guests as well.

Initially, I ordered pull-apart cupcakes from Sweetest Moments. They don't exactly taste great and has limited designs. But, there aren't really many other options then.

Petite Sweets allows customization which is a great selling point because it makes your cake unique, and can be made according to your likes.

I called Petite Sweets to enquire and the lady who answered my call was very friendly and helpful. She would answer all my questions patiently and in no rush to end the call.

So in the end, I decided on their signature cotton cupcake in strawberry and creme flavor. Take a look at all their flavors here and take time to browse through their gallery.


The cupcakes weren't too sweet and taste great! Just like their names, they were cottony soft! I ordered from them for the subsequent years.









Cookies and cream flavor is a hit with children

They are soft in texture, butter-free, low in sugar and made with real ingredients

Place an order with them now.
Kai Sin


No comments:

Post a Comment